8 year Anniversary

Wednesday, August 01, 2012


It is 8 years ago today that Kirsty Taylor Jewellery was set up in a tiny little walk in wardrobe on a tiny old wooden desk stacked high with beads. The necklace pictured above was my first necklace that I made (which I have still have as a keepsake!) made from an assortment of old and new beads on a silver chain. Kirsty Taylor Jewellery wasn't the first name either, we used to be called Kachet!

8 years ago I started training as a silversmith with Alan Harrison up at Kirkharle 2 days a week and working 1 day a week on my business and the rest of the week in the Validate UK offices to keep myself a float. I supplied a couple of shops and galleries (one in Holland!) and started to put work into Alan's shop and start to take commissions and orders.

8 years later and after a lot of hard work Kirsty Taylor Jewellery now operates from a shop and workshop in the beautiful Northumbrian village of Corbridge and employs the talented Beth (my very capable apprentice, so capable we may have to drop the apprentice word soon!), the ever organised Kate and the Saturday helper who always has a smile on his face and a nice word to say, Mark.

With such a great team around me, I hope that Kirsty Taylor Jewellery can only go from strength to strength for the next 8 years.

Thank you to everyone who has ever showed an interest or bought a piece of jewellery from me, I love what I do for a living and I couldn't do it without the support that the shop and the work gets.

To celebrate I have created a 20% discount voucher for the website: www.kirstytaylorjewellery.com valid for 1 week. Just enter 8YEARS at the checkout.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe