Amulets

Wednesday, February 17, 2010



I suppose one day I'll have to post a little more here other than jewellery!


But in the meantime...

Here is a pesky little number I've been working on for the last few days. These little silver amulets (heart, cross, peace sign, triangle, hand of fatima, horseshoe, and evil eye) are currently in the Postal System ready to be laser hallmarked.

These are part of a new collection, which still require a bit more work on, but these are 2 of the bracelets made so far. I have a large necklace that is full of these charms and also some of the word charms too, which I must post up here.

The idea for the Amulets partly came from a book (Amulets; A World of Secret Powers, Charms and Magic by Sheila Payne) which goes in a great deal of depth about Amulets and Tailsman and the use in different cultures. The other part of the design came from a friend who wanted a peace sign made, and also unfinished No TV earrings.

To go with the amulets, I was thinking of making a little card to give information about each amulet. When these get back I'll make some long cluster pendants too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe